Dried Hop Garland
Our dried garlands will be dispatched once they are ready mid September onwards. We can reserve garlands for you if you are wanting to make sure you have them. Once they are harvested and at their most beautiful they are dried on our traditional kiln. Quality is also weather dependant so we cant predict the exact date at this point. If you have a specific date you need them for please put this on your order. These have been dried in our traditional hop kilns, individually boxed and stored in an airtight container to ensure they arrive in perfect condition.
Our hops are sleeping now, building themselves up for next year. Once they re-appear in the spring we will keep a very keen eye on them to ensure they will be dried and sent out at their very best. Lengths vary, roughly 8ft (2.4m) and are untrimmed. In addition the bines are natural in presentation with variations in colour, aromas, leaf size and shape, flower distribution and thickness of bine. Whilst every effort is made to accurately portray the product through images on our web site, there will inherently be variations from the individually delivered garland.
To make the hanging as easy as possible here are a few useful notes.
1. Hops are scratchy, please wear gloves and long sleeves when handling hops at all times.
2. When your dried hop garland arrives, please resist the temptation to put it up straight away. To make things easier it is best to open the box, take the garland out if you have room and let it take up moisture from the atmosphere for 24hours. This will make the garland more pliable and easier to handle.
3. Hop flowers contain lupulin, a yellow substance that looks like pollen. This can stain, so it is a good idea to use a dust-sheet to protect carpets and fabrics.
4. There is a piece of string running the length of the garland which makes hanging very easy. Simply hook the string over nails, or tie into position. They can be draped over dressers/kitchen units or beams.
- All orders incurr a flat-rate shipping cost of £12. We currently only ship to mainland UK.
- Orders are dispatched Monday to Thursday to avoid product delivery delays during weekends.
- Any orders placed prior to the hop harvesting period will be dispatched once available.
- All garlands will be delivered by courier overnight service in a heavy duty recyclable box.
- Once your order is dispatched you will be notified by our courier with delivery information.